2012-05-01

On Commitment

Training log, before and after
I do tend to go overboard.

When I first start something like rugby--that I really enjoy, that I think is awesome, that inspires me--I go all in. I spend hours reading about it. I spend hours watching it. I spend hours planning my own way to get involved. And then I spend hours doing it. In this case, I've worked for the past four weeks, figuring out what the best training approach will be. I relied heavily on the advice of Eagle365.net, a resource for aspiring female elite rugby players. I don't agree with all of the advice on there, but I'll talk about that some other time. And in the meantime, it saves me from considering and re-considering ad nauseum the best training plan for me. When you're a trainer and coach, sometimes you have a little too much knowledge for your own good. Sometimes you just need someone to tell you what to do (even if you disagree with some of it).

Anyway. I've spent a lot of hours on rugby. And I intend to spend more. It's entirely possible that I may burn myself out on rugby (like I did on triathlon and cycling). Then there will be another sport. Until then, I'm into rugby 100%.

No comments: