2012-05-14

Work Harder!

In my years of training for triathlon, I've developed a very specific definition of training:

Training is when you feel like you've been hit by a train. That's why it's called training.

I've been following the Eagle365 protocol for 3 weeks. I do not feel like I've been hit by a train.

Of particular concern to me is the weight lifting I'm doing. I haven't been sore one single time since I started lifting weights again. Oh, I may feel a little ache in my quads. But it's not the kind of deep sore I experience when I've really challenged my body.

Which leads me to think that I'm not really challenging my body. I can't tolerate that. If I'm working hard for a goal--in this case, to be an excellent rugby player--then I want to feel it! I'm supposed to be in training! I want to feel like I've been hit by a train!

So who wants to help me re-vamp my training plan? Your sadism in any and all suggestions is very much appreciated!

No comments: