2012-05-11

Practice: 5/11/2012

My home-made drag sled!
Yesterday, I scheduled sprints. 4 x [5 x 15 seconds w/ 45 seconds rest], same as last week. But yesterday afternoon, I really didn't want to run sprints. I took a nap in my car instead. Why do today what you can put off until tomorrow?

I woke up early this morning to get my session in before work. Instead of running at top speed for my intervals, I used my home-made drag sled for the first time! I loaded the sled with a full 5 gallon jug of water, which I figure is about 40 lbs. The intervals were easier to get through than the sprints I did last Thursday. The workout felt more applicable to forwards' training, too; it was more muscular, rather than cardiovascular.

I feel good about the workout, but I'm kind of bummed that it wasn't harder. I didn't feel in any way spent after that training. It felt more like a warm up than a hard session. Maybe I just wasn't pushing hard enough.

No comments: