2012-05-25

Recovery Week

Chill.
When training hard for endurance events, I found that I needed to recover at least every fourth week, sometimes every third. If I knew I had an easy week coming up, I was even better able to push myself in every workout. And by taking time off, I gave my body time to absorb the fitness that I'd been beating into it for the last fortnight.

Last week, I felt a little uninspired in my workouts. My body felt a little run down. I was coming up on my fourth straight week of weight lifting, sprint training, and technical practice. I decided it was time for a rest week.

So I've taken this week off. I'll be back next week, ready to push harder than ever!

A preview of my upcoming training week:

Monday: Cycling class (moderate intensity aerobic), heavy weights
Tuesday: Practice (including grass drills), corrective exercises
Wednesday: Cycling (moderate intensity aerobic) followed by a short run (because I'm also getting ready to do this race in June), heavy weights
Thursday: Short duration anaerobic sprints (drag sled), corrective exercises
Friday: Heavy weights
Saturday: Off
Sunday: Practice, including shuttle runs

No comments: