2012-05-02

Practice: 5/1/2012


There's not a women's rugby team in Wichita, so normally I practice with the men. However! The Wichita Barbarians WON the Western Rugby DIII Championships! So they'll be getting ready for that, I assume. I figure I won't get much out of the practices, and I'll just be in the way as they're trying to get things all lined out for San Diego in two weeks. So I decided to do my own thing tonight. I was on my own, so my options were limited. I headed to the practice field at the local high school with my ball and some cones. Here's what I did:

15 minute warm up
 - Jog 1 lap
 - Eagles 365 Lunge Progression Series
 - Light jogging (as I evaluated the best place to do my HIIT sprints)
15 minute HIIT + grass drills (That link goes to an audio file I made that will coach you through the workout. If you don't know what grass drills are, watch this video.)
 - 2 x 15" max effort + 45" rest
 - 20" rest
 - 2 x grass drills
 - 20" rest
 - 2 x 30" max effort + 30" rest
 - 20" rest
 - 2 x grass drills
 - 2 x 10" max effort + 50" rest
 - 2 x grass drills
10 minutes agility drills
 - 3 x 20 m swerve drill
 - 3 x 20 m cone and hold
 - 3 x 20 m sharp cut drill
10 minutes work with tackle dummy
10 minutes practice kicking
 - Drop kick
 - Punt
 - Grubber
 - Chip

No comments: